
I got this in Madie's school folder today. It seems like once a month, she'll come home with some type of sheet like this and they always make me smile. It's interesting to me to see what a bright, little 7 yr old thinks of certain things. Since she hasn't actually MET any 100 yr olds, I'm not sure where she came up with these, but she's probably pretty spot on there. She did get to meet my RC neighbor and dear friend Betty on her 90th birthday, but Betty doesn't have white hair, doesn't have a wheelchair, and doesn't knit - that I'm aware of. But, I think her ideas are pretty good ones. :-) I wonder what it must be like to meet someone who's 90 when you're only 7. I know for me, being 34, meeting someone that's 100 and that would have THAT much history to share, would be fascinating. I'm a history gal and when I was in my early 20s, I used to love to chat with my grandpa about what it was like for him as a young kid. He was in his late 80s when we'd have these discussions. We didn't have many of them, but the ones we did, I remember enjoying so much. I wish now I had had more time with him to find out more. To keep a record of those stories. Stories that are now only in my mind. Anyway, thought I'd share Madie's thoughts on what it would be like for her if she was 100. If any of us are still around when she's that age, we'll have to see how close she was to being right. :-)
3 comments:
Well, I'm not 100 yet, but she comes pretty close, white hair, knitting, wheel chair (does a walker count?), nursing home? Not yet. Cute. Do you think they had a "grandparents" day or something and the teacher talked to them about what it's like to be old? Or maybe she's been reading Runnemede Remembered and picked up a few hints. :)
I'm sure it's gotta be from Runnemede Remembered. :-) They didn't have a grandparents' day or anything that I'm aware of. It always interests me where kids pick up their ideas. Funny!
My grandma is 95. She has gray hair, uses one of those electric scooters and does indeed live in a nursing home. Actually it's the assisted living section so she has her own little apartment. She does not knit though-too much arthritis. So Madie was actually close. Very cute-thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment