Noah just HAD to wear something black and thankfully he found just the right thing. Unfortunately it was an adult-sized costume, so he could barely move in it, but it was cute for the picture! I took pictures of all the kids in the group today and will next week too for the 1st-5th graders and then post them on a bulletin board for everyone to see. :-)
Olivia's picture seriously cracked me up!!! She's such a little peanut and with her outfit and stuff, she looks like a little muppet!! hahaha Such a cutie! She didn't want to get dressed up at first either. She only wanted to wear something blue and the only blue piece was like a kerchief size, so we wrapped a scarf around her middle to make it cover her. Isn't she a riot?!! I've been the director of our Sunday School program now for 3 years and I gotta tell you I took the job kicking and screaming - literally! Someone else was supposed to be the director, but 2 weeks before we started this new program, her mom died and she gave me all her stuff. So, I did what I could to help while another woman kind of lead the way, but then that woman also lost her mom, so once again it was handed to me. So, after 2 people passed to it me, I relunctantly (angrily is more like it) took it and it just kind of grew on me. When God wants you to do something, He doesn't let you wiggle your way out of it. I learned that the hard way. ;-) Now I love it and write all the curriculum and come up with all the games and crafts for the whole program 3yrs - 5th grade. And, it's days like these, where it's silly and fun, that I enjoy the most. Especially when I know it's bringing the bible to life for these kids in ways it never did for me. Anyway, just wanted to share these pictures. I just thought they were the most adorable Israelites that ever lived!!
1 comment:
Those are some SERIOUSLY CUTE Israelites!! I'm glad you're enjoying doing Sunday School; you seem like a really creative type that would be able to invent fun things to do with a lesson.
Post a Comment