Saturday, February 14, 2009

Noah's Birthday Party

Noah is 6 yrs old today!!!! We had a little party for him with his Nana and Papa Drexler who have been staying with us since Thursday. He wanted a Mariokart birthday party. We have a tradition that I started back when Madie turned 1 that we decorate the house the night before, so when they wake up, it's all festive and cheery for their birthday. :-)



This is Noah standing in his party zone! :-)


Noah doesn't really like cake. So when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said crescent rolls (his favorite food in the world). I said, "Well, how about a crescent roll cake?". He thought about it for a while and decided that yes, he did indeed want a crescent roll cake. So, making it's debut, the one-of-a-kind Mario Bros. crescent roll cake. All I did was take different kind of crescent rolls and layered them into a mountain, poured melted butter all over it, and added some Mario figures and candles. Voila! A masterpiece that will be talked about for generations, I'm sure.


Here he is admiring my artistic endeveour. All the kids were quite impressed. Granted, I could have put candles and Yoshi on a plate of spaghetti and that too would have impressed them, but I digress.




Pete lit the candles, we sang Happy Birthday, and Noah blew out all his candles. Livie helped as she always does. I don't know why little kids like blowing out candles, but that's a very exciting moment for them when they get a chance to do it.



I told my parents to get to the other side of the table, because I wasn't getting them in the pictures, so dad wheeled mom around and apparently felt the need to "pose". Not sure what he was pointing at, but he wanted to make it interesting. ;-)




This is Noah and I as he's getting ready to open his first present.





I found this by chance the other day when Livie and I were shopping and knew I had to get it for him. Mario lights up and flashes! Can't get better than that!!!






Noah got a BLACK HOLE Planet Hero from my parents. He didn't have him and was very excited that he got him. He talks too, which makes him even cooler!





Pete's parents got him a gameboy and some games. You can see from the look on his face, he was more than just a little happy. :-) He was like "Whoa!". His Aunt Francy gave up her gameboy for him, which was so super nice. He loved his card from them too, by the way. It was of Darth Vadar and if anyone knows my kids, they know that they are Star Wars maniacs!!




Aunt Jill, Uncle Adam, Trevor, and Ty got him a matchbox car that changes color and I'll tell you, he got 2 cups out almost right away to test it out. He's been playing in the sink off and on all afternoon. :-)




This is Noah taking the elbow and knee pads out of its package. Now it looks like he's excited about them and he was. But, his expression is because he just looked up and saw the big present we got him which was.....




This awesome Matchbox Car bike!!! He loved it! I am dedicated to finally teaching my kids to ride bikes without training wheels, so I'm hoping that by the time summer starts, he'll be cruising along without them.



The snow we got last night melted, so he was able to take it outside for a couple quick passes. He was staying pretty close to Pete there for a couple laps, then just took off and went to town. I think he's going to have a ball on it this summer.



So, that was the end of Noah's birthday party. He's now down in the basement with Pete and the girls, riding his bike down there and playing with his new presents. He said it was the best birthday he's ever had, so I'm taking it that we succeeded in making him happy. Happy Valentine's Day!!

3 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

Okay, Lori. About the cake. I'm sorry, but it really reminds me of a cake from the "Cake Wrecks" website. I mean you were ingenius in your thinking to make a mountain of the crescent rolls, and I'm sure it tasted good (?), and I know Noah loved it.

Maybe it's the way you took the picture?

I'm glad you all had such a great time. And I loved your BLOG about Noah's growing up to age six.

It was also good to see my brother again, even if it was in a dorky picture where he's pointing at something about which no-one else knows.

Anonymous said...

I seriously TOTALLY thought about submitting it to Cake Wrecks!! hahaha Granted, they only post professional ones, but I thought it was definitely note-worthy. :-) Especially since it had plastic pieces and we all know how much she hates having inedible things on cakes. But, yeah, he loved it and that's what mattered. :-)

I have more pictures of mom and dad coming. I'm going to an entry about their stay with us. They just left a little while ago. Oh, and dad does that in about every picture I tell him I'm taking. If he doesn't know I'm taking it, he'll just do whatever he's doing, but if I WANT a shot, he'll do some weird, random pose. Cracks me up!

The Schutz Family said...

Wow! What a great b-day party! Congrats on the bike, Noah! It's super cool! Glad you like the color changing car! Love you all!
Jill