
Literally days after I had Madie, I knew I wanted to get pregnant again. I wanted another baby. Having Madie made me realize that being a mom was what I was put on this earth to be. But, we decided to wait at least a little while before trying to have a second baby. And, as is my tendancy, I got pregnant pretty quickly. I didn't have to take a pregnancy test to know either, because I was sick all the time and felt about as much energy as a dead person would have. Smells made me want to vomit - garlic, tires, Pete's soap after he showered. There was a whole list of them. So, it didn't surprise either of us to find out that I was pregnant a second time when I finally got around to taking the test. This time it only took one test to show me that I was indeed expecting. :-) Those first 3 months were really rough and I remember laying on the bathroom floor asking the baby to please take it easy on me! I remember telling Pete that it was probably going to be a boy, just because everytime I ate chocolate it made me sick and since Pete doesn't like chocolate, I figured it must be a boy taking after his daddy. :-) After that first trimester, I felt a million times better and just enjoyed watching my growing tummy. And, grow it did!! We never found out what we were having, but we always referred to him as a HIM and as he got stronger and his kicks were more noticeable, I'd wake up in the middle of the night with him kicking my ribs and swimming all around in there. He was an active, busy little guy!! Well, since I had a c-section with Madie, I opted to go that same route with him. We talked to the doctor and since we had Em coming out to watch Madie, I wanted to have him on a Friday, so she wouldn't miss much work. It worked out that the friday he was looking to deliver was Valentine's Day. I thought that was about the sweetest thing ever! Pete just thought "Woo-Hoo, I can get out of v-day gifts now." ;-) hehe Anyway, we went in at 6am that Friday and by 8:15am we had a beautiful, sweet little boy looking up at us. The nurses kept telling me what a big boy he was. "A 9 pounder, I'd guess" they said. But, he ended up being 8 lbs even and just an absolute joy! We named him after Pete's grandpa Paul who was a really special person to Pete especially, but to the whole family as well. And, I think he had a lot of pride in knowing that he had a great-grandson named after him. And there was no greater person to have him share a name with that his great-grandpa.
Here he is, probably only a day or two old in this picture. Such a cutie even then!

This is one of my very favorite pictures of Noah as a baby. A little duckie, sucking on his binky. He was such a lovable, huggy little guy. He loved nothing more than to be kissed and snuggled. I ate it up!!
As he got bigger, he got busier. He loved exploring and discovering new things. Mostly he liked following Madie around and doing everything she did. He worshipped the ground she walked on. And, he was still a cuddler. So sweet.
Again, another favorite picture of mine. Look at that sweet face!

He's always been a joker. Loves to do silly things and make people laugh. Just an ornery little guy who, while he might not always listen to what you say, he almost always has the best of intentions. Especially when he took all of Papa Drexler's flashlights apart to see all the pieces and how they worked. Then left him with no working flashlights in the process, but his curiousity was quenched in the process. ;-) Just likes to see how everything is put together. Takes after his dad that way.
His first day of preschool was a big milestone. He had wanted to go with Madie the previous year and was soooo sad when Madie started and he had to leave her behind. Now, he got to go and he's loved school ever since. He's such a smart boy too. Like I said before, he doesn't always listen, but that's mostly because his brain is going a different direction at the time and he's too focused on something else to hear you. But, his teacher told us last year that he is one of the smartest kids she's had in her career as a teacher. He figures stuff out quickly and is always curious to learn more.
This was kindergarten round-up day. He has the same teacher as Madie and he just walked right in without a fear in the world. Granted, when we dropped him off his first REAL day, he seemed a little more unsure of himself, but he's so outgoing and so personable, he seems to find friends easily and fit in with anyone. He has a funny personality, but a kind soul.
He started tball a couple summers ago and just loves it! Granted, sometimes he'd rather just be hanging out on the sidelines goofing it up with the other kids, but I think that's what makes it fun for him. He loves being around other people and being outside and laughing it up is about as great as it gets for him. Well, unless it's building something with his dad or fixing something with his tools. He loves that too.
All in all, having my son 6 yrs ago has brought more laughter, more silliness, and more love than I ever thought possible. Yes, often times you'll hear me say "Noah! don't do that" or "Noah, stop messing with your sisters", but most times, I just give him a hug and thank him for being such a sweet, kind boy. Always willing to share his stuff or give things to others or make silly jokes to make us all laugh. Noah Paul, we love you to pieces. Happy 6th birthday, buddy!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment