Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oooh! A Surprise!


A package came in the mail today for Madie and boy, was she excited!! When Nana and Papa Drexler were here a couple weeks ago, they got "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" cards for the kids. Madie loved them and did a lot of sorting with her Papa, trying to see if she had collected them all. Well, Papa went home and found MY old Star Wars cards from the early 80s - when Return of the Jedi came out - and sent all the extras to Madie. She shared them with her brother and sister and they spent most of the afternoon looking through them all and finding their favorites. I found my favorite Luke Skywalker card that I used to dream over when I was a kid. I was so in love with him when I was 8. :-)




Livie found her R2D2 card, which was her favorite, and Madie was excited to find Boba Fett.


She was even more excited to see that there were stickers included!! Granted the stickers are almost 30 years old (Eek! Am I really THAT old now?!), so they have absolutely no sticking ability, but I told her they were special, so they all made sure not to ruin them by using them. Now, she has SW cards and HSM cards. Maybe someday he'll actually get her to like baseball cards too. :-) She didn't grow up sorting baseball cards from infancy like I did, so she's just now getting into the joy of them. Anyway, thanks Papa!! It made her day!!

No comments: