Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dress Rehearsal

Tonight was Madie's dress rehearsal for her recital this weekend. The studio she's gone to for the past 4 years only has a recital every other year, so she did this for the first time a couple years ago when she was in kindergarten. When we showed up tonight, all the craziness that I remembered came flooding back to me as I walked into the classrooms filled with little girls and their moms getting costumes on, make-up on, hair done, etc.... It's always so fun and exciting, but definitely a bit mind-blowing at times as well. Especially this year with her having such a large class. There was hardly a place to move around in there! We're going to go on Friday with Pete's parents, so I'll try and see if Pete can take a short video with the camera, so I can load that on here, because still pictures don't do the routine justice. But, we'll see if that works or not. But, here are a few shots for all those who can't be here this weekend.



Madie's on the very end on the left side of the stage, so she's the one that starts it all. It's so fun to watch her. She's soooo in her element on the stage. She loves every single minute of it!


Here Madie's on the end again. They're doing a pinwheel thing and they do a really great job! Guess it's pretty special for 2nd graders to be able to do something like that. :-)



And, here's the end of it. Madie's second to last on the left there and she's already laid her pom-poms down. I was sitting next to Noah's teacher, Mrs. Newberry. Her daughter and son are both in it - like 5 routines - and they're both in jr/sr high school, so this is old hat for her. It was fun getting to sit and chat with her before the program started in a setting that ISN'T school. I've gotten to know her a bit from my volunteering there. I volunteered each week when Madie had her and now again since Noah's had her. It's a pretty nice relationship. If I can't help in the kids' classrooms next year, I'll probably volunteer to help her again instead. Anyway, there's a hint of what the weekend's going to look like. Should be fun!! And, you'll hear all about it on Fri night, I'm sure. :-)

No comments: