Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Addition to the Blog - Broccoli Factoids

I thought it might be nice to once in a while throw in some little known factoids about broccoli, so I can continue to enlighten my readers - which I believe consists of about 3.2 people - but those few people will, I'm sure, pass along my wealth of knowledge to the world. I will post from time to time these factoids on the right side of my page as a way to pass on this information to those less fortunate (aka Aunt Judi and Amy) that continue to be corrupted without any chance of repentance. My goal is to ultimately help win their souls back to the side of goodness, but if not, I'll still enjoy the postings, because after all, any anti-broccoli news is good news, right? :-)

4 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

It's also a well-known fact that everyone who ate ice cream in 1900 are dead. Your point?

Amy said...

A pro-broccoli rebuttal from Wikipedia: Broccoli is high in vitamins C, K, and A, as well as dietary fiber; it also contains multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties, such as diindolylmethane and selenium. A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer.

So if you get cancer and die, I'll shake my head sadly, thinking "If only she'd eaten more broccoli this wouldn't have happened"

Rose said...

haaaa! so cute, Lori! Levi will be thrilled. He still wants to know where his T-Shirt is... ;-)

stipeygirl75 said...

Broccoli looks like little trees. How can you not love it? ;)