Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First Playdate = Lots of Fun!

The much anticipated first playdate between Noah and his best friend Keeden was today. They came running out of the school together with giant smiles on their faces. The day had finally arrived!!


I love when kids first see our basement. It's like a giant ToysRUs store down there, so when Keeden went down there, his eyes lit up and he said, "Wow!" and started laughing. The boys played ping-pong, rode the bikes, ran around playing tag. Just had lots of fun. Here I caught them when they were playing a game on the tv downstairs.


Later they were putting together a map puzzle of the US. They got bored and decided to throw the pieces at each other and yell out "poop!" with each piece they threw. :-) What is it with boys and poop? Noah told me that sometimes during circle time, they'll just whisper words to each other like "underpants" or "poo". No wonder they get in trouble for talking and laughing so much! Ornery!!!!


I made them let me take a picture of them together while they were eating a snack and playing Wii. You can tell how THRILLED they were to smile for the camera. :-) All in all, a totally successful afternoon. I'm sure this will be the first of many play dates in the future. They're two peas in a pod. Best buddies. :-)
By the way, isn't it funny how they're called "play dates" now? Calls between parents are made, schedules figured out, all for the elusive play date to occur. When I was a kid, we just ran around town and went to each other's houses, without a parent in sight. Times have changed in those 25 yrs.

No comments: