Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Personal Shower








Now, I am going to try and give you an idea of what went on at the personal shower, while still being discreet. No, there were no strippers, unless you include Micah who when asked to bring over the girls' dresses decided to dress up in shorts and a trenchcoat and PRETEND he was the stripper. Once he saw that there were about 30 women there though, he decided against putting on a show. ;-) Not to mention the fact that it was a party for his SISTER!!! haha We sent him home with a souvenir though, which was a glow-in-the-dark straw made to look like a certain part of a man's body. I'll let your mind decide what "part" that was. ;-) I can only imagine what went through mom, dad, and Pete's minds when he came home with THAT in his hand. ;-) Anyway, Em's friend Jenny, who was one of the bridesmaids, was the one who planned the party. She's known for gifting her friends with some interesting things. I laughed and laughed as she opened her presents. Some were really nice nightgowns and those types of things. But, a few other things were thrown in as well. I won't go into detail, but there was some mac and cheese with noodle shapes that were NOT made for children. No Spongebob Squarepants in that box! A few educational products and things of that nature as well. She knew to expect a lot of that, so she didn't get too embarrassed. We all just sat around and laughed and had a good time. My dear, sweet sis-in-law had never been to a personal shower before and though she was warned ahead of time, I think her face was red most of the time. It was too cute! Oh, and I forgot to mention that they made Em wear a sash that said "Miss Virginity" and wear a crown that was covered in um, well...... it was covered. I'll just say that. ;-) So, here are a few pictures from that evening.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice crown! lol. It sounds like you all had lots of fun here. BTW, I can't believe how much you and Emily look alike. I haven't seen you both in so many years that I just didn't remember how strong the family resemblance was.

Lori said...

It was hilarious! So many people told me how much we looked alike that day. Someone even told me that at church on the Sunday before that they had seen Em sitting with Jeff and they thought it was me until she put her head on his shoulder. Then they realized it was her. ;-) hehe